Julian and The Boys take on Round 4.


Yes, that's damn right. It's a new Strokes single. I really don't know what to think of this whole idea. I haven't even given it a listen yet, so, I guess I'll have to get feedback from you kids on this one.
Alls I know is they have a godamn lot to prove. If it's anything as crap as the last Interpol release then I'm not sure I want to even bother. Rumours that surfaced recently put Weezer's Rivers Cuomo pictured in a studio with Julian - a little while after the new Album's date was released - have not helped things either. Rivers' last attempts at making music have smelt like a putrid pile of dogshit; and his colab's with com-pop peeps have done little to assuage the strange feelings of guilt that might be welling up inside him. See this godamn awful video at your peril.
Everyone seemed to have some disastrous ideas about the third Strokes album, however, it doesn't irk me that a band changes their sound, in fact, it's quite necessary. If it's not a good album, it isn't. And it wasn't. Let's hope they cauterise that wound and move on.