Pandy feats. on Ducktails song...


AZ: Can you tell me about Panda Bear’s appearance on the record?
Matt Mondanile:
Real Estate was touring Europe this summer, and I did a Ducktails tour afterwards. I flew to Lisbon, Portugal and had a couple of days off. I found out Atlas Sound was playing, and [Bradford Cox] had asked Real Estate to tour a few days before. I went to his soundcheck, and he was like, you should come out to dinner with us. So I came out to dinner, and Noah Lennox came, and Bradford introduced us. Noah and I hung at the show, and he walked me back to where I was staying; Noah Lennox is the sweetest guy ever. Then I wrote this track in Lisbon while I was there. I emailed him and was like, “it was nice to meet you. It would be cool if you sang on this, I really like your voice.” It was an email collaboration.
_____________________________________________________
SB: Besides the above being a really cool thing to just sorta happen, Matt Mondanile is about to start his own little label. His first release will be a little 12" featuring 2 different versions of a track off his latest LP.
Ducktails – Killin’ The Vibe 12″:
A1. Killin the Vibe [ft. Panda Bear]
A2. Couch Surfer
B1. Sit Around With Ya
B2. Killin the Vibe [ft. Spectrals]
For now you can totes have the Panda Bear version which i found rummaging around the blogosphere.
Enjoy:
TAKE THIS