New Pains of Being Twee at Heart 7"


A cursory listen to this EP leaves me with a tingly sense of joy, of easiness, of coyness - kinda like a Stars record. I just want to smile, vaguely, and bop my head from side-to-side. Maybe skip a little. Twee as fuck.

When me and me guitarist were first listening to Pains' for the first time, he exclaimed: "I can't beleive how much they're ripping off My Bloody Valentine."
I think that's because I only had one track, namely: Come Saturday; BUT it grabbed me... eventually, with it's more Twee-ish injection of glee and lightness, mostly as on A Teenager In Love off their debut.

A good combo, really. This EP has lost a little of that jangly C86 vibe, it's a bit more slick but NOT any less silly and fun for it: like Belle and Sebastien or, especially, Camera Obscura can be at the best of times. Enjoy.

 Heart In Your Heartbreak 7"