Beach Party EP

I've really been enjoying the first release by self-professed Beachwave rockers Beach Party. While music genres are useful when trying to describe a bands sound I find them to be quite useless at the same time. In this case, after ruling out the chances that the Beachwave genre is related to the beach wave hairstyle I've concluded that Beachwave = A wave of Beach Party. Fair enough.

Much like their chosen genre, the bands aesthetic and music is littered with sense of fun and lightheartedness. I'll explain with an excerpt of their biography, "Beach Party are a popular South African band best known for their hit 'Girls' as well as for co-creating the music genre of heavy metal."


The production on the EP is solid, which when combined with some great upbeat tracks, makes it pleasant on the ear. To attest to this, I listened to it 3 times while writing this and didn't get bored. I'm genuinely excited to hear what Beach Party can offer when it comes to a full length album.