New Okeyvil Rivet!



While everything I post here is legal and legitimate, I could not help adding to the new bandname lexicon that SB seems to be building. Slowly, band by band, we will bring a new language to you all.

Meanwhile, one of my favourite rock n roll bands, Okeyvil Rivet are about to release "I Am Very Far", which should be out next week Tuesday. They're one of those bands that keeps releasing consistently good music. While it's never cool or trendy, it makes me happy. And there's nothing like walking in for a late morning class on a sunny day with "Singer Songwriter" playing through your headphones. Will Sheff is a wonderful lyricist, and while the last few albums have been drenched in AM radio sunshine, the new stuff however seems steel-lined instead. Good for them.

You can stream the new album here.
Stream It