New De@th Cab.


Band photos are always a bit weird. I'm sorry, but how do you get it right?

Anyhoo. Here's a track from the forthcoming album, should be released on May 31 - but hopefully sooner, right? Right! L33k, we await you.

This new song is called S0me Boys, it's actually quite nice. I haven't listened to these guys in quite awhiles, and the only album of theirs I can actually listen to properly is Transatlanticism. That's a mighty fine album, although quite heavy on the emotionalness-ness; but I can dig it, I guess I must have a bit of a vagina. Just, like, a little bit.

Anyhoo, back to the matter at hand, this new track is pretty awesome. There're some nice bass squelches going on, with Benjy rocking some almost-trashy, lo-fi vocal effect; Obvs Benjy's talking about some boys and some girls, some of them sleeping alone, some not. Some wack emo bullcrap which totes will get eaten up by some of you peeps that'll be retreating to the cold warmth of their empty beds this winter (probs including me). It's nice and comforting, sometimes. There're some nice layered vocal melodies going on in the background, too. And a real replendent chorus... It's totes nice, I think I'm getting into nice stuff again.

Someone once told me that Death Cab is music for boys who don't have girlfriends but wish they had. I'm sure that's about half of us, right? Everybody get your cardigans, horn-rimmed glasses, little notebooks and obscure band shirts out and then we can look sad, out. It's time.

If you're into this vibe, you'll be totes into The Good Life's Album of The Year, one of Tim Kasher from Cursive's side-projects. It's all about a relationship and all that teary kinda junk, but it totes makes me cry. Every time. If you're a weepy sonuvabitch, you should definitely grab it.